Evo Morales planteará en la Cumbre del Clima de París las conclusiones de la Conferencia Mundial de los Pueblos sobre el Cambio Climático y los Derechos de la Madre Tierra.
El presidente de Bolivia, Evo Morales reafirmará en la Cumbre del Clima, a celebrarse en Francia, que el capitalismo es el problema sobre el cambio climático y no la solución.
Morales arribó este martes a París para participar en el evento en el que se establecerán lineamientos políticos, jurídicos, y económicos con el fin de debilitar o adecuarse al cambio climático.
- The Mercosur trade bloc (Brazil, Argentina, Paraguay and Uruguay) and the European Union are expected to conclude trade negotiations and put finishing touches on a trade agreement by the end of this year.
- That pact will include landmark indigenous human rights clauses meant to protect indigenous groups from violence, land theft and other civil rights violations.
“The Langebaan lagoon is the only non-estuarine tidal lagoon in South Africa. It is situated on the West Coast, approximately 100 kilometres north of Cape Town. The mouth of the lagoon, on its northern side, is entered via Saldanha Bay1. The lagoon is a highly legislated area. It was proclaimed a marine reserve in 1973 in terms of the Sea Fisheries Act2 and in 1985 it was proclaimed part of the Langebaan National Park, whose name was later changed to the West Coast National Park.
En lo que va de este siglo, entre 2001 y 2015, la Amazonía del Perú ha sufrido la deforestación de más de 1 millón 800.000 hectáreas de bosques. La cifra, en un panorama de pérdidas en tendencia creciente y crítica para el medio ambiente, equivale a 2 millones 470.000 estadios de fútbol.
- The government of Nigeria has announced its plans to restore four million hectares, or nearly 10 million acres, of degraded lands within its borders.
- The West African nation is now one of 26 countries across the continent that have committed to restoring more than 84 million hectares (over 200 million acres) of degraded lands as part of the African Forest Landscape Restoration Initiative (AFR100), an effort that aims to bring 100 million hectares of land under restoration by 2030.
Small farmers plant a more diverse variety of crops, making them more resilient to climate change
MUMBAI, Dec 11 (Thomson Reuters Foundation) - India's small farmers are better equipped than large landowners to deal with climate change, but need more support to find innovative ways to minimise the impacts of higher temperatures, uneven rainfall, floods and droughts, analysts said.
About 60 percent of India's population of 1.3 billion depends on agriculture for a living. More than three quarters of farmers cultivate than 2 hectares (5 acres) of land each.
This report aims to evaluate the economic, social and ecological impacts of large-scale land concessions to plant rubber and make recommendations for the future management of land in Lao PDR. Study focused on Champassak and Salavane provinces from July 2007 to July 2008. It was the product of a collaboration between the Centre for Research and Information on Land and Natural Resources of the National Land Management Authority, Office of Prime Minister, Laos, the Foundation for Ecological Recovery, and the Faculty of Social Sciences, Chiang Mai University.
Các nội dung chính của bản tin kỳ này:
- “Xanh hóa” ngành ngân hàng: Áp dụng chuẩn mực bắt buộc hay khuyến khích tham gia tự nguyện?
- Thu phí tham quan ở một số vườn quốc gia
- Tăng cường quản lý các dự án thủy điện
- Chuyển đổi đất rừng đặc dụng tại Vườn quốc gia Yok Đôn và Vũ Quang
- Quản lý dữ liệu về sinh vật biến đổi gen
- Kế hoạch hành động khẩn cấp bảo tồn voi Việt Nam
- Ban hành chiến lược mới về bảo vệ môi trường quốc gia
- Khắc phục ô nhiễm và cải thiện môi trường giai đoạn 2012 – 2015
The work of the Mekong Partnership for the Environment, and the work of
PACT, has been devoted to the role of EIA in achieving sustainable
development. Through the work of PACT and many other practitioners and
communities, the profile of EIA has been raised. Many discussions are occurring
to improve the standard and value of EIA. In particular, the development of
Regional Guidelines on Public Participation and the drafting of national
guidelines on Public Participation in EIA for both Cambodia and Myanmar are all