Join the Global Land Tool Network (GLTN)'s Global Land Indicators Initiative (GLII), LANDac, the Land Alliance, the Land Portal and USAID for an online event exploring land tenure and the SDGs.
The Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) are a universal call to action to end poverty, protect the planet and ensure that all people enjoy peace and prosperity. Land tenure security has been recognized as highly relevant to the achievement of SDGs in ending poverty and hunger. Indicator 1.4.2 aims to measure progress on secure tenure rights for all by measuring the, “Proportion of total adult population with secure tenure rights to land, with legally recognized documentation and who perceive their rights to land as secure, by sex and by type of tenure.”
This webinar aims to increase the level of awareness among land stakeholders on the efforts to measure tenure security and the SDGs and provide an opportunity to provide feedback and suggestions on the way forward. The webinar will address the following questions:
- What data is needed to measure tenure security for all?
- What is available, and what are the plans to regularly collect the various datasets?
- How do we understand the perception of tenure security?
- What gender and other group dynamics need to be considered in collecting, analyzing and reporting on perception data?
- What are some of the best practices we have on how perception data has been collected and disseminated?
- A keynote overview of SDGs and land indicators in the SDGs, focus on 1.4.2 by Robert Peter Ndugwa, Head of the Global Urban Observatory Unit at the United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-Habitat).
- Everlyne Nairesiae, Coordinator, Global Land Indicators Initiative (GLII) at GLTN/UN-HABITAT, will moderate the discussion.
- Laura Meggiolaro, Land Portal Coordinator, will offer brief reflections.
- Lucy Oates, Coordinator of LANDac, the Netherlands Academy on Land for Equitable and Sustainable Development, will offer brief reflections.
- John Gitau, Land Information Officer at GLTN/UN Habitat, will present the perception of tenure security and continuum of land rights.
- Malcolm Childress from Land Alliance will present Prindex and the importance of perception data for indicator 1.4.2
- Caleb Stevens, USAID's Land and Resource Governance Advisor, will reflect upon the context and best practices in addressing perception of tenure security.
Please register for the webinar on Eventbrite at the following link: https://www.eventbrite.sg/e/webinar-on-tenure-security-and-sdg-indicator-142-tickets-35352009813
The webinar will take place via the following link: https://bluejeans.com/368383069
Immediately following the webinar, an online dialogue on this subject will take place on the Land Portal from June 20 - July 4, 2017, to give stakeholders the opportunity to have a in-depth discussion. We encourage you to participate and share your views!