The World Bank is pleased to announce the 18th Annual World Bank Conference on Land and Poverty from March 20 to 24, 2017 at the World Bank Headquarters in Washington D.C. The conference theme will be: Responsible Land Governance: Towards an Evidence Based Approach.
The 2017 Land and Poverty Conference uses Conftool to create user accounts, register for the conference, payment of registration fees and upload abstract and paper submissions.
If you have attended the 2016 conference, please note that your log-in details are the same. Please use these to log into your account and make any changes.
Registration Period and Fees
- October 1–December 15, 2016, Early Bird: $250
- October 1–December 15, 2016: Reduced fee for students registered at universities: $100
- December 16, 2016–February 15, 2017, Regular: $375
- February 16–March 10, 2017, Late: $500
- March 11, 2017–start conference & onsite, Very late: $1000
Please note that the organizers may close registration once maximum capacity is reached.
The registration fee includes:
- Access to pre-conference workshop
- Access to all conference sessions and Innovation Fair
- Access to Learning Day
- Coffee breaks and lunches (Monday to Friday)
- Conference reception on March 23, 2017
The conference has NO travel grants.
All deadlines below refer to Midnight, Eastern Standard Time (EST).
- October 1, 2016: Opening registration for conference; create user accounts, register and pay conference fee in Conftool
- October 31, 2016: Deadline submission abstracts for oral presentations or posters
- November 30, 2016: Notification of acceptance papers and posters for presentation
- December 1, 2016: Deadline submission proposal for Lightning Talks at the Innovation Fair (held on Thursday March 23, 2017)
- December 8, 2016: Notification of acceptance Lightning Talks at the Innovation Fair
- January 15, 2017: Deadline submission proposal for Learning Day, MasterClasses and tool demonstration (held on Friday March 24, 2017)
- January 22, 2017: Notification of acceptance Learning Day, MasterClasses and tool demonstration
- February 1, 2017: Deadline to complete registration and pay conference fees for all presenting authors, selected Lightning Talks presenters and Learning Day participants
- February 15, 2017: Deadline to upload full papers and final version of abstract and biography for conference program book
- March 1, 2017: Deadline submission poster (if to be printed by conference organizers)
- March 15, 2017: Deadline to upload PPT for presentation
Please note that inclusion of accepted papers in the final conference program is conditional on timely conference registration and uploading of full paper.