Land Portal successfully participates at OKFest, Helsinki
OKFest, Helsinki, 17-22 September 2012- OKFEST was the world’s first Open Knowledge Festival: a week of participatory sessions, keynote lectures, workshops, hackathons and satellite events looking at the value that can be generated by opening up knowledge and the impacts transparency can have in our societies.
The Land Portal and ILC participated in the Festival to increase awareness of the Portal and to gain ideas of how to improve it, this was done through presenting at the Festival, as well as holding a hackathon and lightning talk. The Festival not only served as a valuable and inspiring learning opportunity on how the Land Portal should evolve in the future, but it is also hoped that it will lead to the forming of lasting relationships with organisations part of the open data movement such as the Open Knowledge Foundation, Transparency International and Open Development Cambodia.
If you want to watch the stream of the Land Portal and find more information about the OKFest, please visit; http://okfestival.org/
Read more content like this
- Land degradation assessment and prevention: selected case studies from the ESCWA region
- Supporting land reform in South Africa: participatory planning experience in the Northern Cape Province
- Moral Bankruptcy: World Bank Reinvents Tainted Aid Program for Ethiopia
- Land Portal Paper: Connecting people, sharing knowledge, increasing transparency
- Global: Good, Successful Urbanization Takes Time