Land Portal successfully participates at OKFest, Helsinki
OKFest, Helsinki, 17-22 September 2012- OKFEST was the world’s first Open Knowledge Festival: a week of participatory sessions, keynote lectures, workshops, hackathons and satellite events looking at the value that can be generated by opening up knowledge and the impacts transparency can have in our societies.
The Land Portal and ILC participated in the Festival to increase awareness of the Portal and to gain ideas of how to improve it, this was done through presenting at the Festival, as well as holding a hackathon and lightning talk. The Festival not only served as a valuable and inspiring learning opportunity on how the Land Portal should evolve in the future, but it is also hoped that it will lead to the forming of lasting relationships with organisations part of the open data movement such as the Open Knowledge Foundation, Transparency International and Open Development Cambodia.
If you want to watch the stream of the Land Portal and find more information about the OKFest, please visit; http://okfestival.org/
Read more content like this
- Huairou Commission Land Academy Highlights Women's Successful Struggles for Land in Africa
- Success at Halting Largest Foreign Land Deal in South Sudan
- Aboriginal land claim success in Gulf of Carpentaria after 40-year battle
- Zambia Land Alliance (ZLA)
- IS Academy on Land Governance for Equitable and Sustainable Development