The Land Portal Foundation believes that access to information is crucial to achieve good land governance and to secure land rights for landless and vulnerable people.
Read more about how the Land Portal Foundation works to improve access to information
Legal Status of the Foundation
The Land Portal Foundation is registered as an ANBI (a Public Benefit Organization) in the Netherlands under the RSIN number 854330045 since September 8th, 2014.
The postal address is:
Land Portal Foundation
9700 AS Groningen - The Netherlands
The Foundation is hosted by:
University of Groningen
Oude Kijk in ‘t Jatstraat 26
9712 EK Groningen - The Netherlands
See also our contact page
Founded the International Alliance on Land Tenure and Administration (IALTA, www.ialtanetwork.org), and leads a team of researchers working on land tenure, mainly focusing on land law...
Food and land policy advisor experienced in governance, advocacy and multi-stakeholder partnerships and projects. In 2010, she founded Food and Climate Consulting...
Has more than 30 years of experience in development and humanitarian relief programs, including more than 20 years in Southeast Asia, most of that in Cambodia...
Expert in programme development and implementation, guided by high ethical standards and integrity, and she is passionate about land governance...
He comes to ESRI with 12 years of experience with land tenure and land administration issues from across the globe...
Anthropologist, international development expert and civil engineer with over 20 years of research experience in East and Southern Africa and the Buddhist Himalayas...
As a non-profit organization, the Land Portal Foundation is committed to meeting the highest standards of reporting. Our fiscal and reporting year runs from January to December. Our accounts are checked and approved by a certified accountant in the Netherlands. Below you will find links to our annual reports.
- Annual Report of Activities 2014 and 2015
- Financial report 2014 and 2015
- Annual Report of Activities 2016
Foundation plans & policies
The main focus areas of the Land Portal Foundation are:
- Improving knowledge, communication and dialogue around land rights and land governance worldwide, with a particular emphasis on those most at-risk due to insecure land rights and great vulnerability to landlessness;
- Creating and maintaining a system, known as "The Land Portal", that facilitates the collection, sourcing, and searching of otherwise fragmented and inaccessible data and information on land governance and land use from diverse sources, produced by governments, academia, international organizations, indigenous peoples and non-governmental organizations;
- Encouraging social information exchange, debate and networking;
- Establishing and maintaining a web-based data system that builds its strong foundations as the online destination for land information by combining public data, published information, and first-hand knowledge.
Being a Public Benefit Organization (non-profit) in the Netherlands, means that the Land Portal Foundation does not aim to make a profit, but to ensure all funds running through the Foundation are used to accomplish its stated missions and values. Land Portal Foundation Board members receive no renumeration for their work; they are only entitled to reimbursement of expenses incurred by them in the performance of their duties as Land Portal Foundation Board member.
Natural and legal persons making a donation to the Land Portal Foundation are allowed to deduct these donations from their Dutch income or corporate income tax.