The vision of the Land Portal is to improve land governance to benefit those with the most insecure land rights and the greatest vulnerability to landlessness through information and knowledge sharing.
The goal of the Portal is to become the leading online destination for information, resources, innovations and networking on land issues. Through this it will support more inclusive and informed debate and action on land governance and will increase the adoption and up-scaling of best practices and emerging innovations on land tenure.
Read more about the vision of the Land Portal
What We Do
The Land Portal Foundation believes that access to information is crucial to achieve good land governance and to secure land rights for landless and vulnerable people.
Read more about how the Land Portal Foundation works to improve access to information
Legal Status of the Foundation
The Land Portal Foundation is registered as an ANBI (a Public Benefit Organisation) in the Netherlands under the RSIN number 854330045 since September 8th, 2014.
The post address is:
Land Portal Foundation
9700 AS Groningen - The Netherlands
The Foundation is hosted by:
University of Groningen
Oude Kijk in ‘t Jatstraat 26
9712 EK Groningen - The Netherlands
See also our contact page
Founded the International Alliance on Land Tenure and Administration (IALTA, www.ialtanetwork.org), and leads a team of researchers working on land tenure, mainly focusing on land law...
Food and land policy advisor experienced in governance, advocacy and multi-stakeholder partnerships and projects. In 2010, she founded Food and Climate Consulting...
Has more than 30 years of experience in development and humanitarian relief programs, including more than 20 years in Southeast Asia, most of that in Cambodia...
Expert in programme development and implementation, guided by high ethical standards and integrity, and she is passionate about land governance...
He comes to ESRI with 12 years of experience with land tenure and land administration issues from across the globe...
Anthropologist, international development expert and civil engineer with over 20 years of research experience in East and Southern Africa and the Buddhist Himalayas...
Land Portal Team
Land Portal Coordinator
Communications and Resource Mobilization Specialist
Administrative Officer & Librarian
Technical Advisory Group
- Inception Report for the The Land Book Contribution to the LEGEND Project
- Annual Report of Activities 2015
Foundation plans & policies
The main focus areas of the Land Portal Foundation are:
- Improving knowledge, communication and dialogue around land rights and land governance worldwide, with a particular emphasis on those most at-risk due to insecure land rights and great vulnerability to landlessness;
- Creating and maintaining a system, known as "The Land Portal", that facilitates the collection, sourcing, and searching of otherwise fragmented and inaccessible data and information on land governance and land use from diverse sources, produced by governments, academia, international organizations, indigenous peoples and non-governmental organizations;
- Encouraging social information exchange, debate and networking;
- Establishing and maintaining a web-based data system that builds its strong foundations as the online destination for land information by combining public data, published information, and first-hand knowledge.
Policy / Business plan