Mining is a threat to endangered species and local communities : Greenpeace asks for action in India
A study of Greenpeace reveals that coal mining has been growing enourmously recently in India, which leads to massive forest destruction and to endanger even more some already fragile species, like the Royal Bengal Tiger, India's symbol. The study also makes a (rare but useful) correlation between the destruction of the fauna in the mining areas and the evictions of local forest dwellers... To read more click on the link below.
Read more content like this
- Local villagers want coal mine stopped in Indonesian Borneo
- Urgent call for solidarity action around land struggle in India
- Urgent call to action for justice in India
- Linked Open Data and the Global Call to Action on Indigenous & Community Land Rights
- Community rights to natural ressources granted for the first time in India for forest dwellers