New press release about Jan Satyagraha: It seems that the Indian Government is ready to sign an agreement today in Agra
After eight days on the road, the Jan Satyagraha reached Agra yesterday. On the way into the city, the marchers were joined by the Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh, who promised his government’s support to homestead land and greater access to forest rights. Negotiations with the central government are likely to lead to an agreement on the 11th of October, which is to be presented to the marchers in Agra by the Minister of Rural Development. A formal signing between the Government of India and the Jan Satyagraha will follow. See the attached press release for more details.
Read more content like this
- Press release: As the Jan Satyagraha entered Agra district in Uttar Pradesh, a ten point agreement proposed by the government is under discussion
- New press release- follow up after Jan Satyagraha
- Press release: Over 50,000 people gather for the start of the Jan Satyagraha
- Press release: Jan Satyagraha supported by the Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh
- Press release: As Jan Satyagraha continues its way to Delhi, the government wants to revive negotiations