New press release about Jan Satyagraha: It seems that the Indian Government is ready to sign an agreement today in Agra
After eight days on the road, the Jan Satyagraha reached Agra yesterday. On the way into the city, the marchers were joined by the Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh, who promised his government’s support to homestead land and greater access to forest rights. Negotiations with the central government are likely to lead to an agreement on the 11th of October, which is to be presented to the marchers in Agra by the Minister of Rural Development. A formal signing between the Government of India and the Jan Satyagraha will follow. See the attached press release for more details.
Copyright © Source (mentioned above). All rights reserved. The Land Portal distributes materials without the copyright owner’s permission based on the “fair use” doctrine of copyright, meaning that we post news articles for non-commercial, informative purposes. If you are the owner of the article or report and would like it to be removed, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will remove the posting immediately.
Various news items related to land governance are posted on the Land Portal every day by the Land Portal users, from various sources, such as news organizations and other institutions and individuals, representing a diversity of positions on every topic. The copyright lies with the source of the article; the Land Portal Foundation does not have the legal right to edit or correct the article, nor does the Foundation endorse its content. To make corrections or ask for permission to republish or other authorized use of this material, please contact the copyright holder.
Read more content like this
- Press release: As the Jan Satyagraha entered Agra district in Uttar Pradesh, a ten point agreement proposed by the government is under discussion
- The victory of non-violent struggle in India: agreement to a national land reform!
- New press release- follow up after Jan Satyagraha
- Press release: As Jan Satyagraha continues its way to Delhi, the government wants to revive negotiations
- Press release: Jan Satyagraha starts on its way to Delhi