Terms and Conditions of Use
The structure of the Land Portal allows anyone with an Internet connection to register and create content. The Land Portal cannot guarantee the veracity of the information posted by users. Any given content may have been changed, vandalized or altered by someone whose opinion does not correspond with the state of knowledge in the relevant fields. Due to these reasons, the Land Portal Foundation can in no way be held responsible for the content that is contained in these webpages.
The views and opinions expressed herein are those of the individual authors and contributors to the Land Portal, and can in no way be taken to reflect the official opinion of the International Land Portal Foundation or any of its partners and donors. The designations employed and the presentation of materials do not imply the expression of any opinion whatsoever on the part of any of the Land Portal partners and donors concerning the legal status of any country, territory, city or area or of its authorities, or concerning the delimitation of its frontiers or boundaries.
Please be advised that the information on the Land Portal is provided freely, and that no kind of agreement or contract is created between you and the owners of this site, the owners of the servers upon which it is housed, the individual contributors of the Land Portal, any project administrators, sysops or anyone else who is in any way connected with this project. You are being granted a limited license to the material made available on this site; it does not create or imply any contractual or extra contractual liability on the part of the Land Portal Foundation, its partner organizations, or any of its agents, members, organizers or other users.
There is no agreement or understanding between you and the Land Portal Foundation regarding your use or modification of information obtained at this website; neither is anyone at the Land Portal Foundation responsible should someone change, edit, modify or remove any information that you may post on the Land Portal. Furthermore, the coordinators of the Land Portal may add, change, improve, or update the information of the website without notice and may in its sole discretion alter, limit or discontinue part of this site or deny at its sole discretion any user access to this site or any portion thereof.
For more information, see Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Trademarks and logos
Any of the trademarks, logos, service marks, collective marks, design rights, personality rights or similar rights that are mentioned, used or cited in the content of the Land Portal are the property of their respective owners. Their use here does not imply that you may use them for any other purpose other than for the same or a similar informational use as contemplated by the original authors of these Land Portal content nodes. Unless otherwise stated, the Land Portal is neither endorsed nor affiliated with any of the holders of any such rights and as such the Land Portal cannot grant any rights to use any otherwise protected materials. Your use of any such or similar incorporeal property is at your own risk. The Land Portal logo is the property of the Land Portal Foundation. The logo should not be used in any manner whatsoever without the prior consent of the Land Portal Foundation. In particular, these logos should not be associated to any event, product or hyperlink without prior consent.
Use of this website is at user’s sole risk. Under no circumstances shall the Land Portal Foundation or any of its partner organizations be liable for any loss, damage, liability or expense suffered which is claimed to result from use of this site, including without limitation, any fault, error, omission, interruption or delay. The Land Portal Foundation and its partner organizations accept no responsibility with regards to problems (failure of performance, computer virus, communication line failure, alteration of content, etc.) incurred as a result of the use of this website or any link to external sites.
The mention of specific companies or certain products does not imply that they are endorsed or recommended in preference to others of a similar nature that are not mentioned.
This website may contain advice, opinions and statements from external websites. Neither such information nor hyperlinks to other websites imply any endorsement of or responsibility for the opinions, ideas, data or products presented at these locations or guarantee the validity of the information provided.
Users of this website shall not do any of the following:
- defame, abuse, harass, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights of others
- publish, post, distribute or disseminate any defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent or unlawful material
- upload or attach files that contain software of other material protected by intellectual property laws unless the user owns or controls the rights thereto or have received all necessary consents
- upload or attach files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another’s computer
- upload, e-mail, transmit or otherwise make available unsolicited advertising of any goods or services, or conduct or forward surveys, contests, “spam” or chain letters; etc.
In using this website or any communication facilities available on this website, users specifically acknowledge and agree that the Land Portal Foundation or any of its partner organizations are not liable for any conduct of any other user, including, but not limited to, the types of conduct listed above.
Information for contributors to the Land Portal
All users contributing to the Land Portal are required to grant broad permissions to the general public to re-distribute and re-use their contributions freely, as long as the use is attributed and the same freedom to re-use and re-distribute applies to any derivative works. Therefore, for any text you hold the copyright to, by submitting it, you agree to license it under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0) License. Please note that these licenses do not allow commercial uses of your contributions, as long as such uses are compliant with the terms.
As an author, you agree to be attributed in any of the following fashions: a) through a hyperlink on your profile to the content you contributed, and b) through a hyperlink on the content node to your profile.
If you want to import text that you have found elsewhere or that you have co-authored with others, you can only do so if it is available under terms that are compatible with the (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0) license.
If you import text under a compatible license which requires attribution, you must, in a reasonable fashion, credit the author(s). Where such credit is commonly given through page histories, it is sufficient to give attribution in the edit summary, which is recorded in the page history, when importing the text. Regardless of the license, the text you import may be rejected if the required attribution is deemed too intrusive.
Information for non-text media contributors
Non-text media on the Land Portal are available under a variety of different licenses that support the general goal of allowing unrestricted re-use and re-distribution.
Information for re-users
You are free to:
- Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
- Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material
The Land Portal Foundation will not revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms.
Re-use of text:
- Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use. If supplied, you must provide the name of the creator and attribution parties, a copyright notice, a license notice, a disclaimer notice, and a link to the material. CC licenses prior to Version 4.0 also require you to provide the title of the material if supplied, and may have other slight differences.
- NonCommercial — You may not use the material for commercial purposes.
- ShareAlike — If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original.
- Licensing notice: Each copy or modified version that you distribute must include a licensing notice stating that the work is released under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 and either a) a hyperlink or URL to the text of the license or b) a copy of the license. For this purpose, a suitable URL is: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/
- For further information, please refer to the legal code of the CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 License
Re-use of non-text media:
- Where not otherwise noted, non-text media files are available under various free culture licenses, consistent with the Land Portal licensing policy. Please view the media description page for details about the license of any specific media file.
Legality of content
Publication of information found on the Land Portal may be in violation of the laws of the country or jurisdiction from where you are viewing this information. The Land Portal Foundation does not encourage the violation of any laws, and cannot be responsible for any violations of such laws, should you link to this domain or use, reproduce, or republish the information contained herein.
The Land Portal Foundation is registered as an ANBI (a Public Benefit Organisation) in the Netherlands under the RSIN number 854330045.
The post address is:
Land Portal Foundation
9700 AS Groningen - The Netherlands, email@example.com.
These site terms are not to be modified. If there is any inconsistency between these terms and any translation into other languages, the English language version takes precedence