PUBLICATION: Water Management: Communities rise to the challenge of providing clean water
<p>A new brief from IDRC:</p> <blockquote> <p>Solutions to the problem [of providing clean water for everyone] have long focused on increasing water supplies through technological means — dams, diversion of water streams, and desalination, among them. But they aren’t enough: meeting the world’s water needs also requires better water management and effective institutions — it needs people. That is the thrust of research supported by Canada’s International Development Research Centre (IDRC). The three projects described below — in Egypt, Bolivia, and Burkina Faso — tell a compelling story of water and people and show how science can support the formulation of sound policies, provide tools for communities to find their own solutions, and lead to strong institutions to ensure that the gains are sustained.</p></blockquote> <p><a href="http://publicwebsite.idrc.ca/EN/Resources/Publications/Pages/ArticleDeta... here</a>.</p> <div class="wlWriterEditableSmartContent" id="scid:0767317B-992E-4b12-91E0-4F059A8CECA8:10200bc1-b5ba-4b82-b03c-2c2cffde1eeb" style="padding-right: 0px; display: inline; padding-left: 0px; float: none; padding-bottom: 0px; margin: 0px; padding-top: 0px">Tags: <a href="http://delicious.com/CAPRiNews/publications" rel="tag">publications</a>, <a href="http://delicious.com/CAPRiNews/briefs" rel="tag">briefs</a>, <a href="http://delicious.com/CAPRiNews/water" rel="tag">water</a></div> <div class="blogger-post-footer"><img width='1' height='1' src='https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/tracker/32030136-46970654470613502... alt='' /></div><img src="http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/CAPRiNews/~4/K20txw9Lox8" height="1" width="1"/>
Read more content like this
- Gendered participation in water management: issues from water users' associations in South Asia
- Natural Resources and Conflict Management: The Case of Land
- National Environmental Management: Waste Act, 2008: National norms and standards for the assessment of waste water landfill disposal (GN. 635 of 2013).
- Sharp rise in environmental and land killings as pressure on planet’s resources increases – report
- International Water Management Institute