- Central Asia
- East Asia & Pacific
- Middle East
- South Asia
- East Africa
- Southern Africa
- West and Central Africa
- North Africa
- Latin America
- Antigua and Barbuda
- British Virgin Islands
- Cayman Islands
- Dominican Republic
- Netherlands Antilles
- Puerto Rico
- Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Saint Lucia
- Saint Vincent and Grenadines
- Trinidad and Tobago
- Turks and Caicos Islands
- United States Virgin Islands
- Central America
- South America
- Eastern Europe
- Western Europe
- North America
- À propos de
Foire Aux Questions
What is the Land Portal?
The land portal provides a gratis service to users interested in land governance issues.
For more information click here.
Why register as a user?
Only if you are registered as a user yourself you will be able to see other people’s profiles and to utilize all the functionalities the Land Portal offers in terms of interaction.
For registration use the “Join the Portal” button on the main menu.
During the registration you are asked as well to subscribe to our newsletter. This newsletter is a monthly service to our users and informs you about the latest events and activities around the Land Portal, the latest publications and most read documents. Also it presents some faces, facts and figure behind the land portal. You can unsubscribe from this service anytime.
You will also be asked to join a group. These working groups bring together users interested in similar topics or working in the same field (e.g. as researcher or activist).
After having completed the registration, you will receive an e-mail notification that your account has been activated. This authorization of users can take up to three days. Please excuse if you do not receive the notification straight away.
In order to avoid SPAM we are very cautious to unblock users, who do not fill in any information about themselves. Give your profile a face and a voice; it will make it easier to other users to get in touch with you. If you tag your profile with main catch words, it will be easier for people to find you.
What are the functionalities of the Land Portal?
Browse and search content on the Land Portal: Browse the information on the site by region or country, organisation, user, or topic using the navigation tabs. You can also simply go to the search page. The filter functions allow finding all types of documents, news, events, multimedia and publications uploaded or linked by other users on a whole range of issues.
The Land Portal enables you to search for people already registered and organisations. Users can view profiles, contact individuals and/or organisations, send messages, ask questions or join a discussion.
Join a group: You can join a topic (i.e. gender, forestry, and food security, etc.) or user group (i.e. activists and researches, etc.). As a member in the group you will get notified about group content or discussions launched.
Upload and rate content: The Land Portal enables you to share content with other users. You can add anything from a job position over events to research document – as long as it is related to land issues. Highlight countries, themes and organisation of reference etc. with a tag. Again, other users will have it easier to find your content.
If you are logged in, you have two possibilities to upload content:
You can use the top bar with the five green buttons under + Share Information, or use the blue bar in the bottom, which has links to all activities you can perform on the page.
Comment on content or start a discussion: Once you have your account, you are able to post comments on most content. In addition, you can contact the author or simply voice your opinion on a particular issue by starting a new discussion.
Do I have to fill out all information on the web forms?
No. There are only very few mandatory fields. BUT: The more information you add the easier it will be for others to find the information - in particular add regions and countries, as well as categories and tags.
How is quality control ensured on the Land Portal?
1) A few content types are restricted to modifications by users others than the initial author (e.g. organizational profiles or projects) in order to unable changes by unauthorized persons.
2) At this stage in time the coordination team is constantly screening new information. In the long run this process will be decentralized within the partner network, where our partners will take over the quality protection based on a certain list of criteria (relevance, quality, correct tagging, etc.).
3) The rating carried out by the user community will help to establish a peer-to-peer quality control on top.
How do I submit feedback and comments?
There are several ways you can submit your feedback:
1) You have the option to click a feedback button in the lower right corner. A separate window will open, where you can enter your message. This message will go directly to the Land Portal coordination team.
2) You can just send a mail directly from your mail account to email@example.com
3) On top, you can answer to the discussion thread, where we ask for your feedback. You can find it under the discussion page.
How are copy rights and knowledge ownership guaranteed?
1) They have the right to distribute the submitted information, and
2) Information uploaded is shared through a creative commons license, unless declared otherwise.
Data shared at the Land Portal remains in the ownership of the original author and does not necessarily reflect the views of the Land Portal partnership.
Who is behind the Land Portal?
The Land Portal is a partnership of more than 40 organizations. Go to the partners and sponsors page to learn more about the partnership. The International Land Coalition (ILC) has agreed to coordinate the activities on and around the Land Portal on behalf of this Land Portal Partnership.
For any specific questions please do not hesitate to contact Laura Meggiolaro, Land Portal coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Any other questions?
Please share any questions you have not answered here yet under the questions and suggestions discussion. We will constantly expand the FAQ section according to your remarks.