FAO recognizes La Via Campesina's crucial role as the major international small food producer's organisation
(Rome, 4 October 2013)
Today, during a meeting between La Via Campesina and FAO's Director general Jose Graziano da Silva an agreement of cooperation was formalized which acknowledged the essential role played by small holder food producers. Their role was recognised as most important in the eradication of world hunger.
Read the whole press release here
Read more content like this
- FAO recognizes La Via Campesina's crucial role as the major international small food producer's organisation
- New roadmap for boosting small-scale and family forest producers
- Women's Major Group 'Disappointed and Outraged' At the Rio+20 Outcomes
- Do you want to make a real difference to the transparency and accountability of international aid, and play a leading role in an international open data initiative?
- FAO Survey: 'Stocktaking Landscape Initiatives Work by FAO and Partners'