The Institution of Surveyors of Tanzania (IST), The Tanzanian Institution of Valuers & Estate Surveyors (TIVEA)
in collaboration with The Commonwealth Association of Surveying & Land Economy (CASLE)
invite you to:- ‘An International Conference’
Venue: Julius Nyerere Convention Centre - Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
The conference will incorporate a number of workshops each introduced by a keynote speaker:
- Workshop 1 (Land administration & urbanisation)
- Workshop 2 (Sustainable construction practices)
- Workshop 3 (Infrastructure development & financing)
- Workshop 4 (Property valuation & taxation)
We shall run parallel sessions if we receive sufficient papers
- Land administration and management.
- Contextualizing land policies in a globalizing world.
- Land Governance and ethics.
- Access to land and vulnerability.
- Curricula on land governance.
- Land use conflicts.
- Localization of land governance agendas.
- Spatial data infrastructure.
- Innovation and technology in land administration.
- Environmental management.
- Geo-spatial data and management
- Geomatics and all issues concerning measurement of landed properties.
- Procurement & documentation for construction contracts and cost control.
- Capacity building to local land practitioners.
- Sustainable design & construction practices.
- Urban development, management and strategies.
- Assessment of public investments in land issues.
- Commercialization of land.
- Infrastructure development and financing.
- Land rents, rates and property taxation.
- Property valuation, real estate finance and management.
- Property rights and land tenure.
This prestigious international conference will be of interest to Surveyors in General Practice, Planning and Development and Geomatics, Quantity Surveyors, Estate Valuers and Valuation Surveyors, Project Managers and also of interest to other professionals and students involved in the management of land, property and construction.
This conference will qualify for up to 9 hours CPD. Delegates will be awarded a certificate of attendance.
Keynote addresses will highlight ethical standards, land administration & development, property valuation & taxation and sustainable construction. Technical well researched 2500-3000 word papers are invited and will be peer reviewed if requested. Abstracts of no more than 300 words should be submitted as soon as possible and no later than 31st March 2017. Full papers are required by 30th June 2017.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SUBMISSION OF ABSTRACTS & FULL PAPERS
Templates for submission of abstracts and full Papers will be sent on request.
Thursday Evening welcome reception
We hope to have a programme for accompanying persons.
We hope to offer a limited number of conditional bursaries to cover student attendance fees.
Susan Spedding, Secretary General, Faculty of Environment & Technology, University of the West of England, Bristol BS16 1QY, UK email@example.com
The Institution of Surveyors of Tanzania (IST), The Tanzanian Institution of Valuers & Estate Surveyors (TIVEA),The Commonwealth Association of Surveying & Land Economy (CASLE), The University of the West of England (UWE), Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS).
Thursday 10th August a.m. 08.00 – 09.00 Registration
09.00 – 10.00 Opening Ceremony/Keynote Address
10.00 – 10.30 Welcome Addresses – Presidents IST, TIVEA & CASLE
10.30 – 11.00 Coffee/Cocoa/Tea Break
11.00 – 12.00 Keynote Paper
12.00 – 12.15 Q & A
12.15 – 13.15 Lunch
Thursday 10th August p.m. 13.15 – 15.00 Workshop 1 (Land administration)
15.00 – 15.30 Coffee/Cocoa/Tea Break
15.30 – 17.30 Workshop 2 (Sustainable construction practices)
18.00 – 19.00 Welcome Reception
Friday 11th August a.m. 08.00 – 09.00 Registration
09.00 – 10.00 Presentation
10.00 – 10.30 Coffee/Cocoa/Tea Break
10.30 – 12.30 Workshop 3 (Infrastructure development & financing)
12.30 – 13.30 Lunch
Friday 11th August p.m. 13.30 – 15.30 Workshop 4 (Property valuation & taxation)
15.30 - 16.00 Coffee/Cocoa/Tea Break
16.00 – 16.30 Plenary Session & Conclusions
16.30 - 17.00 Closing Ceremony
19.00 - Conference Dinner