The structure of the Land Portal allows anyone with an Internet connection to register and create content. The Land Portal cannot guarantee the veracity of the information posted by users. Any given content may have been changed, vandalized or altered by someone whose opinion does not correspond with the state of knowledge in the relevant fields. Due to these reasons, the Land Portal Foundation can in no way be held responsible for the content that is contained in these webpages.
We may change these Terms and Conditions from time to time to reflect changes in the law and the website. You should review these terms regularly for any changes.
The views and opinions expressed herein are those of the individual authors and contributors to the Land Portal, and can in no way be taken to reflect the official opinion or endorsement of the Land Portal Foundation or any of its partners and donors. The designations employed and the presentation of materials do not imply the expression of any opinion whatsoever on the part of any of the Land Portal partners and donors concerning the legal status of any country, territory, city or area or of its authorities, or concerning the delimitation of its frontiers or boundaries.
Please be advised that the information on the Land Portal is provided freely, and that no kind of agreement or contract is created between you and the owners of this site, the owners of the servers upon which it is housed, the individual contributors of the Land Portal, any project administrators, sysops or anyone else who is in any way connected with this project. You are being granted a limited license to the material made available on this site; it does not create or imply any contractual or extra contractual liability on the part of the Land Portal Foundation, its partner organizations, or any of its agents, members, organizers or other users.
There is no agreement or understanding between you and the Land Portal Foundation regarding your use or modification of information obtained at this website; neither is anyone at the Land Portal Foundation responsible should someone change, edit, modify or remove any information that you may post on the Land Portal. Furthermore, the coordinators of the Land Portal may add, change, improve, or update the information of the website without notice and may in its sole discretion alter, limit or discontinue part of this site or deny at its sole discretion any user access to this site or any portion thereof.
Trademarks and logos
Any of the trademarks, logos, service marks, collective marks, design rights, personality rights or similar rights that are mentioned, used or cited in the content of the Land Portal are the property of their respective owners. Their use here does not imply that you may use them for any other purpose other than for the same or a similar informational use as contemplated by the original authors of these Land Portal content nodes. Unless otherwise stated, the Land Portal is neither endorsed nor affiliated with any of the holders of any such rights and as such the Land Portal cannot grant any rights to use any otherwise protected materials. Your use of any such or similar incorporeal property is at your own risk. The Land Portal logo is the property of the Land Portal Foundation. The logo should not be used in any manner whatsoever without the prior consent of the Land Portal Foundation. In particular, these logos should not be associated to any event, product or hyperlink without prior consent.
Use of this website, platform and its contents is at user’s sole risk. The Land Portal Foundation or any of its partner organizations make no promises or commitments about the site, the platform or its contents, or its accuracy or suitability, and the site, platform and its contents are provided on an "as is" basis and without warranties or representations of any kind, either expressed or implied. To the fullest extent permitted by law, we disclaim all warranties, statutory, express or implied, including implied warranties or merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement.
Under no circumstances will we be liable for any special, indirect, indicidental, consequential or exemplary damages (including without limitation, loss of profits, data or use of cost of cover) resulting from your use of the inability to use the site or its contents, even if we were aware of the possibility of such damages. In no event will we have any liability to you for all claims or damanges for any reason in excess of 50 Euros (€ 50). Certain jurisdictions do not allow exclusions or limitations on implied warranties or limitations on liability, and therefore some or all of the disclaimers, exclusions, or limitations may not apply to you and you have have additional rights.
The mention of specific companies or certain products does not imply that they are endorsed or recommended in preference to others of a similar nature that are not mentioned.
This website may contain advice, opinions and statements from external websites. Neither such information nor hyperlinks to other websites imply any endorsement of or responsibility for the opinions, ideas, data or products presented at these locations or guarantee the validity of the information provided.
If you are a copyright owner or an agent thereof, and believe that any content on the Land Portal website or platform infringes your copyrights, you may send a notice in writing to the Land Portal Foundation, at Postbus 716, 9700 AS Groningen, the Netherlands, and/or notifying the Land Portal team through email (email@example.com) with the following information:
- Your signature as a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the exact location on the website of copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works on the website are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works as located on the Site. In the event the copyrighted work originates from another source than the Internet, the location of the original published work will be described;
- The address, telephone number, and e-mail address of the complaining party;
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
The Land Portal Foundation will remove the copyrighted materials immediately.
Users of this website shall not do any of the following:
- defame, abuse, harass, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights of others
- publish, post, distribute or disseminate any defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent or unlawful material
- upload or attach files that contain software of other material protected by intellectual property laws unless the user owns or controls the rights thereto or have received all necessary consents
- upload or attach files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another’s computer
- upload, e-mail, transmit or otherwise make available unsolicited advertising of any goods or services, or conduct or forward surveys, contests, “spam” or chain letters; etc.
In using this website or any communication facilities available on this website, users specifically acknowledge and agree that the Land Portal Foundation or any of its partner organizations are not liable for any conduct of any other user, including, but not limited to, the types of conduct listed above.
Information for contributors to the Land Portal
All users contributing to the Land Portal are required to grant broad permissions to the general public to re-distribute and re-use their contributions freely, as long as the use is attributed and the same freedom to re-use and re-distribute applies to any derivative works. Therefore, for any text you hold the copyright to, by submitting it, you agree to license it under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 International (CC BY-NC 3.0) License. Please note that these licenses do not allow commercial uses of your contributions, as long as such uses are compliant with the terms.
As an author, you agree to be attributed in any of the following fashions: a) through a hyperlink on your profile to the content you contributed, and b) through a hyperlink on the content node to your profile.
As a contributor, you are solely responsible for your use of the Land Portal and all activity that occurs under your account. You agree to indemnify, hold harmless and, at our request, defend us and our related partners from all liability arising from your use of the site, your user content, or your violation of these terms. We may suspend access sto the site if we suspect you or those using your account are violating these terms.
As a user or contributor, you agree that your use of the Land Portal website and its content is at your sole risk. We make no promises or commitments about the website or its content, and the website and content are provided on an "as is" basis without warranties or representations of any kind, either express or implied. To the fullest extent permitted by the law, we disclaim all warranties, statutory, express of implied, including implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular prupsoe, title and non-infringement.
If you want to import text that you have found elsewhere or that you have co-authored with others, you can only do so if it is available under terms that are compatible with the (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0) license.
If you import text under a compatible license which requires attribution, you must, in a reasonable fashion, credit the author(s). Where such credit is commonly given through page histories, it is sufficient to give attribution in the edit summary, which is recorded in the page history, when importing the text. Regardless of the license, the text you import may be rejected if the required attribution is deemed too intrusive.
Information for non-text media contributors
Non-text media on the Land Portal are available under a variety of different licenses that support the general goal of allowing unrestricted re-use and re-distribution.
Information for re-users
You are free to:
- Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
- Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material
The Land Portal Foundation will not revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms.
Re-use of text:
- Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use. If supplied, you must provide the name of the creator and attribution parties, a copyright notice, a license notice, a disclaimer notice, and a link to the material. CC licenses prior to Version 4.0 also require you to provide the title of the material if supplied, and may have other slight differences.
- NonCommercial — You may not use the material for commercial purposes.
- Licensing notice: Each copy or modified version that you distribute must include a licensing notice stating that the work is released under CC BY-NC 3.0 and either a) a hyperlink or URL to the text of the license or b) a copy of the license. For this purpose, a suitable URL is: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/3.0/
- For further information, please refer to the legal code of the CC BY-NC 3.0 License
Re-use of non-text media:
- Where not otherwise noted, non-text media files are available under various free culture licenses, consistent with the Land Portal licensing policy. Please view the media description page for details about the license of any specific media file.
Legality of content
Publication of information found on the Land Portal may be in violation of the laws of the country or jurisdiction from where you are viewing this information. The Land Portal Foundation does not encourage the violation of any laws, and cannot be responsible for any violations of such laws, should you link to this domain or use, reproduce, or republish the information contained herein.
The laws of the Netherlands apply to these Terms and Conditions. Rechtbank Noord-Nederland will have jurisdiction over any dispute concerning these Terms and Conditions. If any part of the Terms and Conditions is invalid or unenforceable, it will be struck out and the remaining terms will remain in force. If we do not act in relation to a breach by you of the Terms and Conditions, this does not waive our right to act with respect to subsequent or similar breaches.
The Land Portal Foundation is registered as an ANBI (a Public Benefit Organisation) in the Netherlands under the RSIN number 854330045.
The post address is:
Land Portal Foundation
9700 AS Groningen - The Netherlands, firstname.lastname@example.org.
These site terms are not to be modified. If there is any inconsistency between these terms and any translation into other languages, the English language version takes precedence