HOW CAN THE VOLUNTARY GUIDELINES BE DISSEMINATED AND MADE EFFECTIVE? Open until November 25th
After a long and very fruitful consultation process, in May 2012 the Voluntary Guidelines on Responsible Governance of Tenure of Land, Fisheries and Forests in the Context of National Food Security (VGs) have been approved by the Committee on World Food Security (CFS).
In order to disseminate and promote the VGs among the Land Portal members and users and beyond, the Portal has created a dedicated web page. In addition, this discussion is being launched to allow us all to share our experiences over the dissemination and implementation of these types of voluntary tools.
Therefore, the two aspects of this discussion will be:
HOW To Disseminate: How can the VG be disseminated? Share with us concrete examples on how these types of voluntary tools can be promoted.
HOW To Make Effective: How can we make these types of voluntary tools work? Share with us your experiences concerning multi-stakeholder platforms at national level which are contributing to widen the engagement on land-tenure processes.
You can participate by leaving a comment on this page - we encourage you to join the Land Portal. If you have problems posting, please send an e-mail to Ms. Francesca Carpano at firstname.lastname@example.org, as IFAD will be the facilitator of this discussion.
Read more content like this
- New on-line discussion: HOW CAN THE VOLUNTARY GUIDELINES BE DISSEMINATED AND MADE EFFECTIVE?
- E-consultation on the Zero Draft of the Voluntary Guidelines
- The global need of non-violent struggle around land rights: a path for change?- open until October 1st
- Is right to land for shelter a human right?- open until December 21st
- How can pro-poor sustainable land tenure be secured? A discussion on communal vs. individual land rights.